The French School Jules Verne is recruiting a teacher of Russian for middle and high school for the beginning of the school year 2021/2022.
In addition to the general tasks related to teaching, the teacher recruited may take on specific tasks related to the requirements of the French teaching and educational establishments abroad, as a partner of the AEFE network (Agence pour l’Enseignement français à l’étranger).
In this context, he/she will be asked to:
- Work within class levels between 5th grade until the baccalaureate (6ème till Première in the French system, or pupils aged between 12 and 17 years) and within club of primary school
- Work in teams
- To master the practices of differentiation and evaluation by competences
- Propose cross-curricular projects in collaboration with French, Latvian and English language teachers.
These missions will be carried out mainly in the classroom but also in other contexts in order to contribute through his/her action to the achievement of the objectives set by the school, in particular those of the school project.
- The candidate must have a minimum of five years’ higher education (Master’s degree) and two years’ experience in a similar position in an English-speaking country
- Mastery of the content of subject taught
- Mastery of digital teaching tools
- Ability to communicate, listen and manage groups and difficult situations.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team or in pairs.
- Open to innovative practices
- Ability to design all phases of a project, from conception to evaluation
- Ability to adapt to the specificities of an international school
What we offer:
- Full-time employment (40 working hours per week, including 26 teaching hours)
- Mutual medical insurance offered
- 8 weeks paid annual leave during school breaks
- Competitive salary aligned with the candidate’s qualifications and experience
Under the authority of the Board, the Head of School and the Primary School Director, the teacher will work closely with colleagues, the administration and collaborate with families. He/she will be able to get involved in the various governing bodies of the school.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org